January 24, 2011

Here We Go!

Given my fascination with both renos and marble, it should not come as any surprise that I demoed my bathroom the day I decided on which tiles to use. Richard came home from a friend's house to find me lying on the couch in my demo pants. I believe 'Oh God, what have you done' were his exact words. This being said, that was February 2010.

Since then, we have been without a sink, toilet or drywall in the only full bathroom in the house. Why would it take so long between demo and rebuild? Well, this is the Morgan House we're talking about, and I first had to finish this (http://morgandesigninc.blogspot.com/2010/12/cool-cushions-for-cheery-chairs.html ) and this (http://morgandesigninc.blogspot.com/2010/11/simple-christmas-decoration.html )

Well, our family bathroom reno is finally under way. No, seriously, it is. Friday night we ripped out the ugly, old, almond tub, the shower surround and all drywall. Then we proceeded to applaud our efforts, eat some Chinese food and go to bed. I guess no hot shower in the morning..


Our bathroom, as of Friday night. What have we done?

Saturday morning was a lazy start, and getting the new tub in required much more work than originally thought. You see, of COURSE they don't make tubs the same size or height any more, so Richard spent most of the day cursing loudly and trying to move all the plumbing. I, on the other hand, stayed out of his way (and worked on another art project! Photos to come)


Lovely new tub and ugly new drywall - our bathroom at 11pm Saturday

After yet another lazy morning, we got started on the tiling - my favorite part! Richard worked magic with the tile saw and all the little mosaic pieces, and we were able to almost finish by bedtime. I love when a plan comes together!


Our tub surround at 11:30pm Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment