January 19, 2011

Spice Up That Stairwell



It is clearly some sort of oversight on my part that I have never gotten around to decorating my staircase. Sure I've thought about it lots, but I'm not big on the 'action' part when it comes to actually banging a nail into walls and hanging artwork. I usually think about it for a few months, ignore it for a few more, and then the cycle continues. Last week I decided on a bunch of important artwork decisions for the house - and despite the fact that I have no artwork on the walls just a bunch leaning on the wall where I'm pretty sure I want it, I still feel like I have taken a step in the right direction.



I have recently become very aware of how empty and boring our stairwell is. The bottom of our staircase starts right near the front entrance, so I am not sure why I have thought for so long that this is allowed to be a dull area of the house. We have un-textured (yes, that is a term) the walls and painted. Still left to do one-day is new stair steps in wood, carpet runner, and chic rails and banister. But today, I'm thinking artwork.



Although none of these photos are of MY staircase, I hope that my stairwell will look like these once I have completed the ever daunting decision making for photos and frames

No comments:

Post a Comment