April 29, 2011

Art Inspiration

Just had to share the latest obsession at MorganHouse (well, one of the latest obsessions). While
cruising blog land, a few great and easy DIY artwork projects caught my eye.

Now, I'm pretty crafty (not like that, but just in case - keep your eye on me) but I think these few projects are easy enough for even the faint at heart. All you need is a little pat on the back and a good 'you-can-do-it' from someone. So, here it is: "You can doooo it!!" Good - now get to work.

Best part is, all these project could be done with still being friendly to the bottom line. I'm a firm believer that you don't need any (okay, much) money to get the house you want. Further proof that money doesn’t buy happiness (only gift cards to HomeSense buy happiness.)


I'm a huge fan of basic pattern painted canvases - so cheap and easy to do! Even the plain yellow one above makes a great statement. And if you aren't crafty enough to paint one colour on one canvas, I have no idea how you were able to find the 'on' button to the computer


A canvas painted with a simple drip method - love it! Pick two or three colours, turn the canvas on its side, and slop the paint on the top, leaving time to dry in between colours. Can't get much easier!


Fabric wrapped canvas! Yes. It's that easy. Don't let these designers fool you




Ceiling medallions! Grab a few from a used furniture store or garage sale (or HomeDepot... if you must..) spray them gloss white or a fun colour - instant wall art! Considering this for my upper hallway (but I know for a fact that I will have trouble convincing Hubby)




No comments:

Post a Comment