August 14, 2012

Family Bathroom - A Completed Tale

 When we last showed you what our family bathroom reno looked like (back in March), this is the visual we left you with



There was no drywall, toilet or sink.  And I was 9 months pregnant.  Although it was definitely some progress (sweet sweet progress), it wasn't exactly the show piece I envisioned.  Then things got crazy, thanks to this kid
















Well, I am pleased, nope, AMAZED to announce that our upper family bathroom reno is now....*drumroll*..... donesville!  We buckled down, and thanks to some well placed naps on Haely's part, we were able to accomplish everything we wanted to on the project.  Now, my bathroom looks like this
















That is a photos of our vanity (which I got for free and repainted/replaced the knobs here), complete with new sink and faucet (which I blabbed about here).  And after 2 years without even having a sink upstairs, let me tell you, it is really nice to brush your teeth so close to your bed.

Here is a photo of the tiled shower stall (which you saw mostly done here)

Close up of the counter corner







And the print I purchased from Costco.ca's photo gallery ($2.99 - yes please!)


Here is a view of the back wall, complete with Hubby's amazing trim work (man, that guy can trim a window)


And finally the stunning pendents that I am slightly (fairly) obsessed with 























Hubby and I are so pleased with the finally product!  It always amazes me what we can accomplish with a little mula and a lot of sweat equity (and a little bad language). 

Because I am a ridiculous person, I am already working on a small (hah) dining room update, which I will share soon.  In the meantime, tell me what you think of the bathroom reno!  Have we inspired anyone to bash out some ugly sponge-painted tiles?  I'm not joking.  They were actually sponge-painted.  Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment